Contact: +91-9711224068
International Journal of Physical Education, Sports and Health
  • Printed Journal
  • Indexed Journal
  • Refereed Journal
  • Peer Reviewed Journal

P-ISSN: 2394-1685 | E-ISSN: 2394-1693 | CODEN: IJPEJB

Impact Factor (RJIF): 5.38

2023, Vol. 10, Issue 1, Part B

Evaluating the effect of service quality on participants satisfaction and behavioral intention: A case study of 2021 tour du Rwanda cycling event


Author(s): David Niyonshuti, Xiaoyi, Ntakirutimana Jean de Dieu, Innocent Habimana and Kiruzi Reverien

Abstract:
Cycling is a popular and widely adapted sport around the world. It plays an important role in promoting peace, and the economy at large. Through the Tour Du Rwanda cycling competition, cycling has become an attractive sport in the country bringing together people around the world. However, studies aiming at identifying cyclists’ consumption behavior are still scarce. In light of this context, the goal of this research is to explore the effect of service quality on overall satisfaction and behavioral intention during the 2021 Tour du Rwanda. Three hundred and ten questionnaires were randomly distributed, and the collected data was evaluated using various statistical measures like mean, percentile, Likert scale, Cronbach alpha, and Standard Equation Modeling (SEM).
The attendee’s demographic characteristics depicted that 81.5% were male while the remaining 18.5% were female. The dominant age group was 30-49 years occupying 40.3% of the sample while the least represented age bracket was above 51years (10.4%) of the sampled population. The questionnaire was reliable as depicted by a Cronbach alpha value of 0.942, 0.856, and 0.905 for the constructs; service quality, overall satisfaction, and behavioral intention respectively. The majority of the attendees of the Tour Du Rwanda 2021 were from Africa and they represented 48.7% of the sampled population. Empirical analysis shows that Tour du Rwanda service quality positively and significantly influenced participants’ overall satisfaction (β=0.83, p<0.01). Participants' satisfaction significantly impacted behavioral intention (β= 0.62, p<0.01) while the event service quality insignificantly influenced participants’ behavior intention (β=0.28, p<0.05).
The findings of this study are useful to event managers and government peace builder officials who may utilize this information. The study contributes significantly to the body of literature review on the sport globally. The event managers are advised to create more awareness of the events and improved the services so as to attract many people globally. The government should fund sporting activities to enhance peace and create more revenue.


Pages: 117-125  |  162 Views  50 Downloads

Download Full Article: Click Here

How to cite this article:
David Niyonshuti, Xiaoyi, Ntakirutimana Jean de Dieu, Innocent Habimana, Kiruzi Reverien. Evaluating the effect of service quality on participants satisfaction and behavioral intention: A case study of 2021 tour du Rwanda cycling event. Int J Phys Educ Sports Health 2023;10(1):117-125.
International Journal of Physical Education, Sports and Health

International Journal of Physical Education, Sports and Health


Call for book chapter
International Journal of Physical Education, Sports and Health
Journals List Click Here Research Journals Research Journals